Chemical Exposure & Dust Exposure
Are your team exposed to any Chemicals and Dust within your workplace?
Has a workplace assessment been made to assess what type and level of chemicals or dust your team are exposed to?
Do you know what the WorkSafe NZ Workplace Exposure Standards are for your work-site?
Has your teams exposure to the potential chemical or dust been assessed and monitored on a frequent basis?
If you have answered no to any of the above TriEx can help….
Our occupational hygiene monitoring and reporting will:
- ensure you are safe guarding the health of yourself and your team and
- ensure you comply with the Health and Safety Employment Act, Regulations Act and the WorkSafe NZ Workplace Exposure Standards
- benchmark your workplace against exposure levels Workplace Exposure Standards
- assist you to control the hazard
- ensure that efficient hazard controls are implemented
- ensure your team goes home in the same condition as they arrived
A significant part of your work-site occupational hygiene monitoring involves the use of accredited laboratories for the analysis of applicable samples.
What type of solvents/dusts/gases can be found at your work?
A large number of solvents are used for a variety of purposes in the occupational environment. Solvents can cause a number of acute and chronic diseases if exposures are not adequately controlled.
Dusts, fumes and mists are generated in many industries. They can act locally at the site of contact (i.e. wood dust irritation to the upper respiratory tract) or systemically (lead dust causing blood disorders). Dusts can also have acute (metal fume fever) and chronic (silicosis from crystalline silica inhalation) effects.
Gases can have acute (i.e. carbon monoxide, hydrogen cyanide), irritant (ammonia, ozone) and chronic effects (carbon monoxide) on workers exposed to them.
- Worker exposure to the various contaminants is assessed using specialised sampling equipment.
- The results are compared with the latest WorkSafe NZ Workplace Exposure Standards.
- Advice on short and long term control options is included in the report.
- All reports are factually based and written in plain english.
Call TriEx today to ensure your team aren’t being adversely exposed to any workplace chemicals or dust.