Lung Function Testing
TriEx offers lung function tests for employees who are exposed to contaminants in the air that could affect lung function.
Examples of harmful substances include; Isocyanates, dusts and asbestos.
Our lung function tests help you:
- Comply with such documents as the ‘Approved Code of Practice for the Safe Use of Isocyanates’ and ‘Workplace Exposure Standards’.
- Identify employees at risk from hazardous air contaminants in the workplace
- Take necessary action with regard to respiratory protection
If your team are likely to be exposed to airborne contaminants, you will need to undertake air monitoring for chemical and dust exposure. To learn how our Occupational Hygienists can assist you with this, click here.
Employees undergo a 15 minute lung function test usually at your premises (or TriEx premises by arrangement). TriEx will take care of all future test scheduling and ensure that consents are obtained and a full statistical and informative report on results is released to management.
Lung Function tests include:
- Assessment of the employees past and present air contaminant history (includes recreational)
- Full diagnostic Spirometry
- Explanation of the results to the employee
- Education on responsibility to protect
- Assessment of their respiratory protection to comply with your annual audit of PPE