TriEx offers our clients a comprehensive range of service for dealing with asbestos and its related issues including:
- Advising on the requirements for surveys, management systems and plans
- Providing advice on the most efficient method of managing asbestos in properties or portfolios
- Guidance on the preparation of control measures and the implementation of asbestos management procedures – a service that allows you to budget sensibly for future asbestos works while fulfilling your duty of care to staff and public
- Evaluation of contractors tender submissions and Method Statements
- Expert witness services
- Training and international qualifications
What is an Asbestos Management plan?
The asbestos management plan identifies the risks posed by the asbestos present in your property and sets out procedures to control them. It is a regulatory requirement under regulation 13 of the ‘Health & Safety at Work (asbestos) Regulations 2016’ to have a written management plan prepared. This utilises the data accumulated from asbestos surveys to manage asbestos risk.
An asbestos management plan will typically include:
- Policies and procedures for emergencies, refurbishments, day-to-day operations and for less usual work or tasks
- Key asbestos information‚ usually from an asbestos survey
- Risk assessments of each occurrence of asbestos
- Action plan
- Monitoring & re-inspection regimes
- Training requirements
- Roles & responsibilities
- Dissemination of information
- Duties of the Asbestos Coordinator
The arrangements within the plan should be reviewed periodically. If you are unsure of where your company stands regarding compliance, you can opt for a desktop study that will clearly identify any gaps, if they exist, and offer a step-by-step guide to compliance.
With a comprehensive understanding of your needs, we will produce a tailored asbestos management plan and implement your own policies that will help you to manage the asbestos within your premises compliantly, proportionately to the risk and in accordance with current regulations.
In addition, we offer an implementation meeting to aid the initial setup of the processes involved in the management of asbestos materials. We also offer reviews of your management plan on a six-monthly basis to ensure your on-going compliance with legislation.