Health & Safety Policy
TriEx is committed to a process of continuous improvement in order to achieve excellence in the management of health and safety in all of our workplaces.
The management of TriEx (Gallagher Bassett NZ Ltd t/a TriEx) is committed to providing and maintaining a safe and healthy working environment for its employees, visitors, and all persons using any TriEx controlled site as a place of work.
To ensure a safe and healthy work environment management will develop and maintain a Health and Safety Management System to:
- set health and safety objectives and performance criteria for all work areas
- review health and safety objectives and performance annually
- actively encourage the accurate and timely reporting and recording of all accidents, incidents and unsafe conditions
- investigate all reported accidents, incidents and unsafe conditions, to ensure all contributing factors are identified and, where appropriate, plans are formulated to take corrective action
- actively encourage the early reporting of any pain or discomfort
- participate in rehabilitation of Employees to ensures an early and safe return to work
- identify all existing and new hazards and take all practicable steps to eliminate, isolate or minimise the exposure to any hazards
- ensure that all employees are made aware of the hazards in their work area and are adequately trained to enable them to perform their duties in a safe manner
- encourage employee consultation and participation in all matters relating to health and safety
- promote a system of continuous improvement in Health and Safety practices
- meet our obligations under the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015 (HSWA) and its associated Regulations, Codes of Practices and any relevant Standards or Guidelines.
Every employee of the company is expected to share in the commitment to this policy
- every manager and supervisor has a responsibility for the health and safety of those employees working under their direction
- each employee is expected to play a vital and responsible role in maintaining a safe and healthy workplace through
- observing all safe work procedures, rules and instructions the early reporting of any pain or discomfort
- taking an active role in the company’s treatment and rehabilitation plan, to ensure an ‘early and safe return to work’ ensuring that all accidents, incidents and unsafe conditions are reported to the appropriate person
- representatives of senior management and employees will be invited and appointed to the company’s Health and Safety Committee, responsible for the implementation, monitoring and review of the Health and Safety Policy and Management System
- senior management are to have an understanding of health and safety procedures and attend training sessions/seminars where required at least every 2 years
NO JOB IS SO URGENT THAT THERE IS INSUFFICIENT TIME TO DO IT SAFELY.