Often staff are hesitant about going to their own doctor about a skin condition so to encourage awareness about skin, TriEx will come to see them at your workplace and refer if necessary.
TriEx offers melanoma education on sun exposure for workers exposed to the harmful effects of the sun.
Through education and worker self assessment we can help you:
- Comply with the ‘Guidance Notes for the Protection of Workers from Solar Ultraviolet Radiation’
- Remind your staff about the radiation effects of recreational sun exposure
- Identify employees at risk from the sun
- Take necessary action with regard to sun protection for your outdoor workers
Employees undergo a 15 minute interview usually at your premises (or TriEx premises by arrangement).
TriEx will take care of all scheduling and a statistical report on results is released to management.
Melanoma Risk Assessments include:
- Assessment of the employees past and present sun exposure history (includes recreational)
- A ‘Risk Factor’ score is assessed
- Education about the importance of checking the skin and what to check for
- Education on responsibility to protect
- Referral to a Doctor or skin specialist for further assessment if indicated by risk
TriEx offers Dermatitis checks for employees exposed to irritant chemicals. This form of contact dermatitis or allergic dermatitis can follow repeated contact with detergents, skin cleansers, acids or alkalis, solvents and other products. Such contact eventually dries the skin and breaks down its protective layers. Irritant dermatitis usually affects the hands and lower arms while allergic dermatitis can affect anywhere on the body.
Our Dermatitis checks can help you:
- Comply with such documents as ‘A Guide to Occupational Skin Disease’ and other publications pertaining to the contaminant.
- Take necessary action with regard to skin protection
- Identify employees at risk from hazardous chemicals in the workplace
- Take necessary action with regard to looking at alternative products as well as skin protection
- Keep staff at work and prevent others developing similar skin problems
Affected employees undergo a 15 minute interview usually at your premises (or TriEx premises by arrangement). We make a full assessment and report to management.