Flu Vaccinations 2017
Our 2017 Flu Vaccination Season has come to an end. Our TriEx Nurses were out and about vaccinating workplaces across Christchurch and Auckland from late March. For the first time in 2017, in addition to the trivalent flu vaccinations, we were also be able to offer the quadrivalent flu vaccinations. This was a great option to consider option for a company if they are working in areas which are more vulnerable to illness.
We were excited to be offering our flu vaccination programme to Auckland companies again in 2017, after a successful first year in 2016.
If you currently don’t receive our flu vaccination information and would like to be added to our 2018 flu database and receive a no obligation information pack next year, then please contact our flu team firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0800 FLU JAB (0800 358 522). View our 2017 Flu Vaccination brochure here.
2017 Flu Vaccination Pricing:
Trivalent flu vaccinations
$24.50 » 50+ vaccinations per visit
$27.00 » 20-49 vaccinations per visit
$29.00 » 10-19 vaccinations per visit
$34.50 » per voucher*
*Trivalent flu vouchers are available for Christchurch and Auckland clients. A list of locations where you can redeem these vouchers can be found here.
Quadrivalent flu vaccinations
$29.50 » 50+ vaccinations per visit
$32.00 » 20-49 vaccinations per visit
$34.00 » 10-19 vaccinations per visit
All prices exclude GST. There is a minimum charge of 10 flu vaccinations per visit, not including issuing of any vouchers. Please note: TriEx do not charge a service fee, or time and travel charges within the Christchurch and Auckland regions (some conditions may apply).
Facts about the Flu:
- You cannot get influenza from the vaccine. The vaccine stimulates the immune system and contains protection against circulating flu viruses. The vaccine is purified and unactivated so it is absolutely unable to give you influenza.
- The flu is contagious. If you are infected with the flu you are contagious from a day before you feel sick until your symptoms have resolved (usually about 1 week for adults, but can be up to 2 weeks for children).
- The flu virus can have you bed ridden. If you are healthy and fit you are still at risk of getting the flu.
- Each year the flu virus is different so just because you had the vaccine last year doesn’t make you immune — they keep changing. The vaccines are made each year based on the most common flu circulating.
- This year’s seasonal influenza vaccine will offer protection against the following strains:
•A/Michigan/45/2015 (H1N1)-like virus (new strain)
•A/Hong Kong/4801/2014 (H3N2)-like virus
•for quadrivalent vaccines, the additional strain is B/Phuket/3073/2013-like virus
- It is best to be vaccinated early in the season as it can take up to two weeks following the vaccination for the body to build antibodies.
Why choose TriEx for your Flu Vaccination Programme?
- Our experienced nurses will visit your workplace to provide vaccinations for your team.
- We can provide vouchers for ease and flexibility for those staff not available on vaccination day.
- We will provide you with posters for your lunchroom to promote your flu programme.